Budgeting in Local Government
October 31st – November 3rd, 2017, School of Government
This four-day course covers the legal and management framework of budget preparation and enactment in North Carolina local government. Participants will discuss the numerous processes and techniques used to produce an annual operating budget and capital budget.
- Local Government Fiscal and Control Act (Only for participants who have not attended Introduction to Local Government Finance)
- Tax Efficiency & Equity
- Performance Management
- Economic Development
- Revenue Forecasting
- Resource Allocation
- Budgeting for Schools and Human Services
- Budgeting for Enterprises
- Fund Balance
- Citizen Engagement
- Capital Improvement Program
- Financial Condition Analysis
- Budget Presentation
- Revenue-Neutral Property Tax Rate
- Budget Award & Course Evaluation
Who Should Attend: This course is intended for city and county managers, budget and finance officers, budget and financial analysts, and other officials who have significant responsibilities for annual budget preparation and enactment.
Registration: Register online at http://www.sog.unc.edu/courses/budgeting-local-government for this course.
Faculty Coordinator: Whitney Afonso, Assistant Professor of Public Administration and Government.
For more information: Contact Jo Ann Brewer, program manager, at 919.966-4197 or firstname.lastname@example.org.